...because you never feel lost when you're up high

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

P is for Places cont.

Now Playing - Calfornia Dream (album) - SeeYa

Note: I won`t be posting the names of the songs today just because I`m only playing the album. Thumbs up for the Hongki-SeeYa duet track though <33

Today`s post is going to mostly about Shanghai =) Please excuse the cliched words I use to describe the places we visited. There are no words to describe them sometiems.

But quick to note: I CAN TAKE MY EARRINGS TODAY =) IT HAS BEEN 2 WEEKS!

Second Stop// Singapore ------> Shanghai continued.

The next day was touring of Shanghai, which was foggyand polluted, but still quite spectacular. We saw pretty muich all the touristy attraction places including the Bunt, Pearl Tower and those historical buildings which signify some sort of freedom struggle or domination. However I never quite understood these meanings seeing as the tour guide spoke Chinese (and I don`t). Also, there was that lakeside area which although was quite crowded but lovely all the same. Too many good memories from that =) In addition we visited this place with countless gardens. I swear it was like a maze of beautiful gardens which you seriosuly wouldn`t mind getting lost in. The architecture there was so nice, and it seemed to complement the gardnes itself in terms of the placing of windows or statues. It was as if I was in some sort of utopia. Pretty much impossible to describe it in words, so you`ll just have to go there yourselfs =P And shopping *awesome ^o^* That ngith we went spastic on a river cruise to see the Shanghai nightscape. I can easily say that Shanghai is FREEZING at night. But all the same it was sooo fun; the countless Titanic moments or face-pulling photo takings.

After that, the next 3-4 days were spent on gruelling dancing lessons in which one and a half dances were learnt but not sustained without muscle pains from overworking (Yes we worked our butts off just to learn them. Think 5 hours a day) or bruises from awkward positions (Note: The beginning pose of Kang Ding LIULIULIULIU). Kang ding at the time, a mdoern Tibetan dance is one of the most energetic dances I have ever known to exist in the (not very long) history of my dancing life. Arched backs, falling down to become rivers from mountains or beign stepped on as a rock, all very dear but painful memories. I only sympathise for La'Belle who had to learn the whole dance that we worked our butts of to learn in only a couple of short hours, seeing as she arrived late. Mou Tong, a very artistic modern dance used fans to represent calligraphy brushes and swords was a hard dance which to now I don`t think is perfected. I think of all the dances, Mou Tong took the longest to learn due to the complicated sequences and problem between the choreographers. I still think it is the most beautiful ( I get a little solo in it!)

Nights were spent goign spastic at hot guys in magazines (Read: GDRAGON AND SEUNGRI<333333333)>
Lucky for me Hui went even more spastic than me, I won`t even attempt tp describe 5+ bags 6+ jeans 5+ pairs of shoes and that Pocky and Pejoy quest resulting in 11 boxes of different flavours. The Pocky range in Shanghai is DELICIOUS.

Ahh...the times YAY.


Luckily we took a break and went to Hangzhou for an overnight tour. Hangzhou is probably one of the most beautiful and greenest cities I have seen, depsite being in China. There were so many parks and trees, I was almost mistaken it was a tad like Perth minus the freezing temperatures. It was funny to see washign being hung in the most odd places while in Hangzhou; light posts, power lines, trees, you name it, it was probably used as a washing area. Althouhg the oddness of this, it didn`t distract is from seeign the sights. We first off went to go see the temples which were near the Lake. These is one of those places which you think you are truly transported to another world. It was so scenic and beautful, not even photos can capture the serenity or the zen peaceful atmosphere which surrounds the place. The onyl bad thing that I have to comment on Hangzhou is the poverty which exist and also the tourists which like us were loud and boisterous, trampling over attractions or somethign liek that. Later we took a boat around the lake, travellign around the islandy thignys in the middle which although we didn`t land on,looked albsolutely beautiful. Next it was off to another park area which was looked like we stepped straight into a paradise. You know in those dramas where they go to think beautful park and witness a sunset or somethign cliche like that? Yeah well this place was like that. It was like a paradise, I thought I was dreaming. And as we were leaving it was sunset, and I suppose I got to witness one of those cliche sunsets =).

That night we went shopping in which shopping was tanfastic as usual =DD

Next day we went to some sort of historical park which had monk carvings of Buddha and other religious stsatues there. It was so nice but kind of spooky at the same time. Then it was back into the van and driving 6 hours back to Shanghai. This was an amusign time, especially as me and L'Belle got bored and started doign insane thigns (See: Trying to fit fists into mouths and other assorted impossible things)

The next few days were again a whole lot of ass aches and bruises (Luckily, I seem to be the only person unscathed by the Bruise monster) learning all the dances. I must say I LOVE the Mongolian dance. It has so much feelign in it, it really re-energised me everytime we practised it. (WO AIIIIIIIIIIIIII NI, WO DEEEEEEE JIA) We met the dancers of the school troupe, who were lovely and HIGH. Not to mention TALENTED!! So niice. Also, we met the hairdressers; Broom hair, Jay Chou lookalike, Tony and the owners. Ah...the good times...and I got my hair cut awesoem during this time too! And Hui`s hair!! sighhh....so nice. Aggie got sexy curls which looked like permanent beach hair, Mel&&Mushu got streaks and I think it was safe to say that everyone got somethign done while we were there. THEY LAYER WITH NORMAL SCISSORS! NOT LAYERING THINGYS! Also, nearly forgot to mention the romance in the hairdressers. Ahh!! The day when Hui and Tony hooked up was sooo cute. Me and La'Belle were beign spastic again and cunnignly set them up =) And later that nigth was was us and Mel who replayed it out to those who missed out, but not before faking being tired and lost to the security guard who looked prett convinced and let us in at 12;30 in the morning.

Sigh and the costumes arrived the day before the performance. I will not mention tat I tripped up constantly in the long skirt and boiots or got strangled by the braids of the LIULIULIULIU dance. THAT day was a stress. Porbably one of my least favourite days fo the trip. But the Mongolian costume was pretty =)

The last day of our stay was spent more or less trying to practise in costume for the eprformance that night or packing. It was kinda sad and solemn in a sense. The performance itself went pretty well. We perfromed Kang Ding, Mongolian aand our Bollywood dance. Mou Tong wasn`t up to scratch so we didn`t do that one. Saw Latin boy strut his stuff was was wow. Also, this girl did an amazing peacock dance, coming out of 5 fast spins unfazed. It was then all photos and goodbyes. Yess goodbye to the teacehrs, the Xin Zhong school, the students, the danceroom with the mirrors and pretty windows and the high bars, BYE.

On the day of our departure, Jennie, Aunt Anita, Shy, Viv and Aggie left int he early hours of the morning so it was pretty much just La'Belle, Mel, Mushu, Hui and me who were left. We went down to the hairdressers one last time and left Hui there to spend time with her beloved Tony after La'Belle finished getting her hair styled. It was then back to gloomyland and doing not much. Hui and Tony came to visit us and we lcked them away to do whatever lovestruck people liek those two do in their freetime. It was really sad to see them have to leave each other later when we had to leave. Everythign from there back to Singapore just seemd so sad.

I think that everything about the trip was good, only a couple of hiccups (Beign lectured for somethign not done by me) or a certain person which I did not enjoy the company of. I think it`s definately something that I would go through again. There are countless memories which I will treasure (read that gorilla dance or asian gone inwards, awkward sit ups or OMG-IT`S-LEEHOM-ON-THE-TV.)

I`ll end the Shanghai here and so it`s Singapore next time =)

-------------------

I`m sorry I haven`t really updated much, but I suppose Perth is THAT broign that I ahven`t got anythign to say. The lkast few days have just been loungign aroudn at home beign addicted to Friends and That 70s Show. I did go to Evie`s house yesterday and met up with her and Alice to catch up; watchign xxxHolic, Russell Peters, NigaHiga and his Stink people rantings or the self DIY Emo or Gangsta vids togteher. It was fun. Evie is still that cute girl into anime and really obsessed with lolita now; which prompted us all to try our own hand at dressmaking. Alice looks tanfastic now, she`s got a cute and quirky sense of style; awesoem hair and cute dressing style. I`m so jealous >__< yay =")">

I think that`s about all the updating there is, so I had better get going. This blgo postign has taken over an hour towrite >__<>

//.2316.230108.end

No comments: